Download the talk slides deck in ‘Read full’ tab.
Video | 5 Mins | Voice quality improves in the first half minute
Hari Abburi showcases the value of design and simplicity for HR. He focusses on blurring the lines between customer and employees to shape Agile People Strategy. Hari focuses on the value of simplicity to business and highlights the complexity trap. Range of examples of people practices, business examples and research are showcased in this talk.
In this fast paced talk, he showcases a number of examples from customer ideas to employee practices. This also includes insights from the properietiry 3i Agile HR Diagnostic and Solution:
- There is a 40% opportunity for simplicity in HR
- 80% of HR Functions communicate in a text heavy format
- 90% of HR Functions predominantly use only two interfaces for employees
- Future of HR is Agile not digital
- Adoption of gig talent for internal talent as well as external talent strategies
The talk also covers examples of simplicity and complexity from different companies and cultures.
This is the second Disrupt HR Talk with the first in Zurich on ‘How agile is you HR?’ introducing the new HR model. Also read the paper: How agile is you HR?
The speakers at this SFO event:
- Bernadette Jones; Partner, CHRO; Visionova HR; Hiring for the Future, Not the Past.
- Bulbul Gupta; Founding Advisor; Socos Labs; Augmented Intelligence for the Future of Workers.
- Chris Good; Creative Director; One Workplace; Agile Work – And Making Data Meaningful.
- Eric Burns; Product Design Manager; Uber; Create Customer-Obsessed People Products.
- Hari Abburi; Consulting Partner; The Preparation Company; Why Simplicity Evades HR.
- Indresh Chauhan; Digital Learning Enabler; Sify Technologies; VR as an Empathic Tool to Discover Unconscious Bias
- Leela Srinivasan; CMO; SurveyMonkey; D&I 2018: What Would Our Collective Report Card Say?
- Lorna Borenstein; CEO and Founder; Grokker; Let Them Eat Cake: The Perils of Misunderstanding the Millennial Revolution.
- Nathan Harris; Co-Founder & CEO; Ease, Inc.; Your Why Should Define Your Work.
- Ryan Christoi; Managing Partner; KRT Marking; The Growth of Gig: Are you Ready?
- Shelley Winner; Service Advisor; Microsoft; Breaking Stigma When It Comes to Hiring People with a Criminal Histories.
- Victor Assad; CEO & and HR Consultant; Victor Assad Consulting; It is Time to Face the Truth About Employee Engagement.